Tuesday 28 July 2009

What's happened to the blog?

You may well ask as it has been quite a few weeks since I've posted anything. It has however been a very busy few weeks with everything seeming to come in at once.

We started the month with the Meols Hall wedding evening which was a great success and that was closely followed by the filming of the Alison Jameson School of Dance show at the Playhouse in Preston. The following week I was filming at the NHS with a colleague for a corporate film he had been commissioned to do and then it was up to Grimsargh Pre-school for their end of term music concert.

Then, the week after, I was at Lever House Primary School to film Year 6 and Cats - what a fantastic show by the boys and girls in their final performance at Lever House before moving on to high school in September. On the Friday, we where at Gibbon Bridge for Claire and Rob's wedding - it was a brilliant day despite the weather. In between, I was trying to get some editing done and also purchase a new camera - a very nice Sony EX1 - in preparation for offering Blue ray for 2010.

Then, last week was the busiest of all! Tuesday to Friday was spent filming in and around Portpatrick, Stranraer in Wigtownshire and then onto Edinburgh for 'The Gathering' on Saturday and Sunday filming for Big TV. My claim to fame on Saturday has to be filming Prince Charles and Camilla at the opening ceremony - I was less than 15 feet away and had received some strict instructions on how I was allowed to film!

Despite the hectic schedule, I must admit I really enjoy what I do, if for no other reason than the sheer variety of jobs that I undertake...

No comments: